1940 D Washington Quarter
Coin Dealer Insight: 1940 was another year where the Washington quarter saw high production, relegating all mintage runs of the 1940 Washington quarter as "common" with high values for only the highest grade coins. One point to note is that proof runs of silver Washington quarters from 1937 on used a slightly different reverse than circulation pieces.
Value: Can usually be found and sold for somewhere between $8.90-$290.00 price dictated by condition, certification, and current demand. Other factors include location, inventory, and urgency of sale.
Price Chart : Estimated Value Based on Scale
Production: 2,797,000 Washington Quarters were minted at the Denver mint in 1940.
Silver: This coin is 90% Silver with a silver weight of around .1808 troy ounce pure silver. The other 10% is copper having no significant intrinsic value.
Popular Washington Quarters1951 D Washington Quarter
1997 D Washington Quarter
1977 P Washington Quarter
1944 D Washington Quarter
1996 D Washington Quarter
1958 P Washington Quarter
1934 D Washington Quarter
1951 S Washington Quarter
1945 D Washington Quarter
1938 P Washington Quarter